Friday, May 20, 2011

so proud :]

That's right. I'm dating a college alumnus. And I LOVE IT :D
Two weeks ago tomorrow Joel graduated from Washington State University with his degree in Criminal Justice and a double minor in Political Science and Sociology. I missed the big day and while I wished more than anything on that Saturday afternoon that I could have been with him to celebrate, I am happy to know that his friends and family made that weekend special for him. He had his immediate family there, plus a number of extended family members who were there to support him as well. I'm so very proud of him and all the work he's done the last 4+ years to get to where he is today. This time next year (Lord willing) I will also be two weeks graduated and well on my way into the real world with a great job and a bright future.

Joel finishes up his Deputy Sheriff Reserves training program in just two weeks, graduating top of his class I'm SURE ;) It will then only be a matter of time before he gets a full-time position in law enforcement, at which time I'll be able to say I'm dating a cop. aka - a man in uniform. That's not a dream of mine at ALL ;) I'll post all about that when it happens, no doubt. The day after the reserves graduation he catches his very first international flight and heads to London, England. I get to see him in just 17 days and I absolutely CAN. NOT. WAIT.

The Lord is so, so SO good and has brought us to and through so many things in the last 8 months - but the last 5 months in particular. Next week we celebrate the 9th month we've been together, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. We are stronger and more dependent than ever on our Heavenly Father. It's wonderful :) I'm excited to hug him again, and see his face for the first time in 282 days. I'm sure if I still had my Facebook activated, my countdown and excitement would be all OVER the place. Maybe it's a good thing I don't, then :P








<-----Lydia obviously wasn't having the best day ;) But her outfit is ADORABLE!!! [it's a wsu cougar cheerleader infant outfit] And look at my handsome boyfriend. Best face EVER when he laughs :D


I love you, Joel Elliott Regalado.

No comments:

Post a Comment